The battered tourism industry can pivot to a different business model. Countryside farm and accommodation enterprises, for example, can be transformed into a wellness oasis to address the growing demand for a healthy lifestyle.
For 23 years, Sonya’s Garden has always been a refuge for weary souls and travelers seeking to feel good. We have previously partnered with a functional medicine expert, Dr. Oyie Balburias, who advocates prevention and addressing chronic conditions to boost the immune system—touted as still the best defense against any type of virus.
Today, programs like rejuvenating the immune system could be a great value that may be offered to clients while they’re on vacation. Below are some guiding points.
1. Let nature be thy healer. Plant a variety of organic foods that can be harvested within the property and be served to guests. Choose from our indigenous plethora of medicinal vegetation like coconut, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, tawa-tawa, ampalaya, bayabas, calamansi, lagundi, sambong, among others.
2. Sustainable architecture. The rows of cottages and garden restaurants are intrinsically designed for social distancing, allowing natural air to flow and serve as oxygen treatment to guests.
3. Live slow. Create activities that illuminate the value of living in the present moment: a walking trail that greets the flowers, harvest of organic greens and fruits, nourishing meals and active meditations of praising the Divine.
4. Empower the local community. Business comes with a mission of growing with others. Adopt a community of farmers, artisans and purveyors and support their livelihood.
5. Celebrate the Filipino brand of service. Filipinos are gifted with inherent hospitality and remarkable values. Let them shine in this wellness enterprise by nurturing the guests with joy.
Dr. Balburias provides a custom Healing Vacation at Sonya’s Garden in Alfonso, Cavite. These are for people who desire to address the root cause of chronic conditions and for families who wish to boost their immune system while having a holiday together.
For inquiries, please send a message to the Facebook page of Sonya’s Garden, email [email protected], call 0917 533 5140 or 0917 503 1080
or visit the website